In this course we study or "survey" the whole New Testament.
We learn the nature, setting, and "heart" of each of the New Testament book. We investigate also what makes the book unique, and how we should apply its teaching.
The contents of the course
- Authorship and audience of each book
- Setting and the "heart" of a book
- What makes a book unique
- How we can apply the message of a book
- Two key verses of each of the books
Texts for the course:
- The Bible. A translation in your native language is preferred. An English Bible as a reference.
- The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook. Pages 465-992. J.D. Hays and J.S. Duvall, eds.
3 credit course