In this course we study or "survey" the whole Old Testament.
We learn the nature, setting, and "heart" of each of the Old Testament book. We investigate also what makes the book unique, and how we should apply its teaching.
The contents of the course
- An overview and setting of the each of the 39 books
- Setting and the "heart" of a book
- What makes a book unique
- How we can apply the message of a book
- Two key verses of each of the books
Texts for the course:
- The Bible. A translation in your native language is preferred. An English Bible as a reference.
- The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook - J.D. Hays and J.S. Duvall, eds. ~ 225 pages selected.
3 credit course